Effective Date: January 31, 2022
Our Commitments to Each Other
Our Commitments to Each Other
Whether we are already weaving or just getting started, this space is where we can gather to support each other, feel valued, and recognize that we are not alone. We commit to show up fully, see others fully, and learn from our different backgrounds and experiences.
To maintain a trusting space, we agree to:
- Show respect and listen to each otherassuming the best intentions. Attacks, name calling, and belittling will not be tolerated.
- Keep an open mind and be curious, since people are complex and never fit stereotypes based on race or ethnicity, age, religion, politics, gender, sexual orientation or other identities.
- Focus on our shared values and common needs, rather than our differences.
- Share opinions with humility, because we recognize no person holds the whole truth. It is helpful to use phrases such as, “In my opinion…” and “In my experience…”
- Keep our pool clean by not posting profanity, obscenity or hateful language that may offend others and stifle the free flow of our relationships.
- Keep community conversations confidential. This space is intended to be a safe place to share. There are some publicly shared events and pages, which are marked. For more information see the FAQs.
- Share questions, advice and perspectives without naming names. Situations can be easily shared without specifics that would violate others' privacy, expose people to criticism, or damage the reputation of an individual or organization.
To stay focused on weaving local community, we will not:
- Debate national solutions, because we know each community has a different context.
- Promote a religion, a political party or position, a politician, a business, or commercial products and services.
- Use our community to promote or raise money for ourselves or our organizations.
We share the responsibility with Weave staff to moderate this community and ensure that everyone feels welcome, comfortable, and safe. In minor cases, we will suggest changes privately or report the violation using the reporting tool on the hub. If it continues, we may publicly call out violations and suggest reframing statements in a comment field.
For serious violations, we agree to a three-strike policy. The first time someone violates our agreements, moderators will issue a warning. The second time, the community will suspend a member's account for a week, and the third time, the community manager will remove the person from the community.
By logging onto this shared space and activating our profile, you are agreeing to abide by the commitments listed here.
Terms of Service
The following are the Terms of Service for the We Are Weavers Online Community (the “Online Community Site”), which is operated by the Aspen Institute’s Weave: The Social Fabric Project (the “Weave Project”). Use of the Online Community Site indicates you accept these terms.
When you post any content in this community, you give the Weave Project the right to edit or delete it for any reason. You understand that all parts of the Online Community Site are visible to any registered Member and you acknowledge that the following parts, which may contain community-generated content, are also readable by the general public:
- Blogs and comments on blogs
- Discussion Post Titles
- Local Group descriptions
The Weave Project can change which parts of the Online Community Site are available to the general public by providing 30 days of advance notice to the community through site messages and offering you a 30-day window of opportunity to remove your posted content from the sections to be made publicly available.
The Aspen Institute and the Weave Project may decide to use or republish content you have posted on the Online Community Site for internal and external reporting of its activities, attracting new Members, and in public presentations or articles describing its work. Before doing so, it will seek and secure your permission by contacting you through email or the site’s private messaging tool. Permission will be deemed granted, without recourse, if the author does not respond within 30 days.
While the Weave Project does not moderate all posts to the site, it does reserve the right to remove any content at any time. In addition, you understand that the administrators of this site have the right to suspend or ban you from the site without notice for violations of the Community Agreements or any actions that may harm the security, access, functioning, physical or mental safety, or atmosphere of trust of members.
We respect your privacy. We do not share or sell your personal data with any third parties for any reason. We do not collect or save your IP address when you visit this site.
Members agree to not hold the Aspen Institute and the Weave Project liable for any private content that is shared outside the Online Community Site by its Members.
We will not send you any unsolicited communications that do not directly relate to your participation in this community. You can control the communications/notifications you receive via your profile settings, under "notifications."
If you believe that work belonging to you is displayed on or has been copied onto the Online Community Site without your permission, please notify us in writing at Weave: The Social Fabric Project, Aspen Institute, 2300 N Street NW, Suite 700, Washington DC 20037 or by email at email@example.com
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, your notification must include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must be 18 years of age or older to register an account on the Online Community Site.
If you believe your login or password information has been compromised or any unauthorized use of your account or other breach of security has occurred, you are responsible for promptly notifying us. You can notify the Weave Project by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to deny, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Online Community Site at any time, for any reason, with or without prior notice or explanation without liability.
The Weave Project reserves the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time and will notify Members of changes when they next log into the site.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Use of the Online Community Site is provided on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied. You expressly agree that the use of the Online Community Site is at your sole risk. The Weave Project does not warrant that the site will be uninterrupted or error free, nor does The Weave Project make any warranty as to any results that may be obtained by use of the service. The Weave Project makes no other warranties, expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, in relation to the service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall the Weave Project be liable to you or any other person for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of or relating to this agreement or the use of the service or site. Your sole and exclusive remedy hereunder shall be for you to discontinue your use of the site and terminate this agreement.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless and defend The Weave Project and the Aspen Institute, its directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any action, cause, claim, damage, debt, demand or liability, including reasonable costs and attorney's fees, asserted by any person, arising out of or relating to: (a) this Agreement; (b) your use of the Online Community Site, including any data or work transmitted or received by you; and (c) any libelous, slanderous, indecent or other statement concerning any person made or republished by you.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms of Service constitute a binding agreement. Failure to comply with these Terms of Service may result in account revocation and other legal action. The laws of the Washington, D.C., United States of America shall govern the Terms of Service and the relationship between you and The Weave Project, without regard to conflict of law provisions. You and The Weave Project agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the county of Washington, D.C., United States of America.
Community Administrator and Management Team
If you have any questions about these community guidelines, please contact our Community Manager, Frances Kraft at email@example.com.